Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hads is leaving....


These past couple weekends I’ve been busy spending time with Hadley because she’s leaving Korea tomorrow. I’m not too excited about her moving but she’s been here for a year and it’s time for her to move on. I guess I’ll just have to find cool things to do with my weekends now that I can’t bombard her every weekend, haha. A few weeks ago Hadley’s mom was here visiting and I got to spend a day hanging out with her and Hads. It is always good to see a face from home in Korea. Her mom loved Korea; she was fascinated with everything about it. It was awesome. 


A 90 year old man painting fans on the streets in Insa-dong. Clearly I had to buy one from him... he was so cute!

His 75 year old friend writing my name in korean on my new fan.

Out to lunch with Hads and her mom!


Kimchi pancake... delicious!

Some tasty tofu/kimchi dish thing. 

This lady making these tasty treats that have walnuts and sometimes red bean paste in them too. It's like a stuffed donut kinda.

A cool shopping area in Insa-dong. 

We took the river boat cruise on the Han at night.

The crazy highways. 

Yep, it was a live music boat cruise... too bad we couldn't understand anything he was singing about.

Hadley and her mom!


This cost 7 dollars and you got 12 side dishes that were all free refills.. love it! Obviously we took advantage of that... If you know me at all you shouldn't be surprised by that.

The crazy parking ramp contraption.

Last weekend was Hadley’s last weekend here. We did some last minute shopping for her and got to have dinner with Jiho and later hang out with Jinwoo. Sunday we had to end her last weekend the right way… we went to a lg twins game! It was a great way to end her time here. I told her she had to transition her way to get accustomed to MN… what better way then going to a knock off twins game. Haha. We had a good time though; people always get so into baseball here. 


Jinwoo and our matching sweatshirts! 

So Korean couples always wear matching clothes and since Hadley and I always joke about Jinwoo being our Korean boyfriend we figured I'd be a good present for his birthday if we bought him a matching sweatshirt to us!

In the streets of Gangnam.

Twins game! 

Kimbap is the only way to go...

This guy was at one point watching the Twins game which was right in front of him on his phone....

Hads rocking her sweet Korean Twins jersey! And for those of you who are wondering... yes I bought the jersey too! 

What I see every time I come into Seoul!

The subway stop that I come into had a sign for my hometown advertised... clearly I got pumped and had to take a picture!


This weekend I'm going camping. I'm pretty excited to go, it'll be good to get out of the city! I'm going on some islands on the west coast. Other exciting things that are coming up is the field trip to an island in Chuncheon with the kids next Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment