Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Teacher?

A couple things happened in Wonderland over the past couple weeks that’s worth writing about. Last week Elizabeth teacher finished her one-year contract. She is officially back in LA but not for long. She’s going to grad school at Kings College in England in two weeks for education and professional studies. We’re all sad to see her go here, she was a great teacher and the kids really loved her. She was also my sense of normalcy here since she was also from America. Oh well, life goes on and I accumulated a microwave after she left along with a few other things which I’m thrilled about. Now I can enjoy some tasty chips and cheese! (Thanks to Hadley who got me some essential tortilla chips and a block of cheese for me at Costco)
We have a new teacher now here named Jennifer. She is from Canada and really enjoys teaching. All the kids couldn’t wait to meet the new teacher. They kept asking us all week when is the new teacher coming? She just got here last week and seems to be enjoying life in Korea so far, which is good. 


 
One of my after lunch classes is arts&crafts class I do with the 6 and 7 year olds. I took pictures of our project last week of the kids with their sunglasses. These are the 6 year old boys posing. (Scott, Connor, Joseph, Dylan)


 
Julie and Lucy 

7 year old boys (Jason, Solomon, Kyle)

I thought it was time to post some pictures of my classroom on here...

This is Lucy, she is the sweetest little girl. I love her. A couple months ago her Dad died in a freak accident which was really hard for her. She one time came to class and was crying and said "Julie teacher, Lucy's daddy is dead. He's in the sky." It broke my heart. She seems to be doing better now though. 


The entrance of Wonderland. Sharon is behind the counter talking to Elizabeth. We have 4 classrooms, 3 on the left (bathroom, universe, and hollywood) and 1 on the left (fast food), teachers room is on the left as well as the kitchen and in the front right is world of sports... our "gym". The kids take tae kwon do there once a week with an instructor that comes to teach them. 

World of sports room

Teachers office... Kids come in here all the time though, pretty annoying if you ask me. My chair has the red bag on it. Sharon sits next to me. 



This was lunch one day (bibimbap) that I loved so much Sharon made me some for later! 

Last week was also Scott ‘s (6 year old) birthday. He had a birthday party with lots of food and cake. He brought pizza, chicken, and baskin robins ice cream cake! During lunch I happen to eat in his classroom and had all of this food at my table taunting me… and if you know me well you know that I have no self control and eat a lot so that cake disappeared rather quickly. Haha. 


Sharon lighting the delicious cake for Scott. 

Sharon and Sally with the 6 year olds.

Scott and Lucy

Scott and Connor

Scott got a bow from Julie.. It's so cute! 

Yesterday was our field trip to the forest for this month. We went on a little walk through nature and the kids tried to catch dragonflies and crickets. I don’t know if it’s just my school or what but Korean kids seem to love dragonflies. Anyways, I took a few pictures of the trip for you guys to enjoy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment