Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chuseok at wonderland!

A couple weeks ago I had a soccer game against some men’s team here in Hongcheon. I don’t remember the score. I think it was pretty close. I hadn’t played in a long time because I’ve been so busy and monsoon season put a damper on our practices. Needless to say, I am really out of shape. Not to worry though, I still scored two goals. Anyways, after practice my team took me out for my birthday. We went to Max, one of the restaurant/bars here in Hongcheon. Almost everyone came to have a beer; it was cool. About 15 minutes after we were there they turned off all the lights in the place and had random dance lights going on all throughout the place while playing happy birthday to me and brought out a cake. It was really cute. I loved it! My team is awesome.
            On another note it was Chuseok (Thanksgiving) here in Korea two weekends ago. Thanksgiving is a time where Koreans dress up in their traditional clothing called Hanbok’s. Here at Wonderland we had a Chuseok day for our kids on the Friday before Chuseok. The kids all dressed up and we had activities for them. I was in charge of Arts&Crafts with Sharon. We made traditional coin purses called pok ju money. It was a great way to end our week. I love when we have activity days here! 


7 years old class!

6 years old class.

6 years old and Sharon

All of the wonderland kids with the new teacher Jennifer and I.

Makkoli (delicious rice wine) that was voted number 1 in Korea that my director thought I would like... Haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment