Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July

I’m not going to lie, yesterday while I was in class all day I was yearning to be out on the lake relaxing and enjoying the day in MN. While my coteacher Elizabeth (from CA) and I were stuck in the office talking about the fourth we decided we had to somehow find fireworks in our town and light them off. After work we went on our mission. As we were on our way, we just so happened to run into our other Korean coteacher Jessica who wanted to join us! She took us to a store that had potential and was able to ask them if they had any fireworks. I love when I’m with Koreans who can translate everything… it’s wonderful! Needless to say, we got our fireworks and sparklers and headed for the river to light them off! I mean it was no Lake Minnetonka firework show but it was better than nothing. We had fun lighting them off and having Koreans stare at us with the “what the heck are they doing” face. Haha. This look does not faze me anymore; I get it all the time! On our walk back home Elizabeth and I decided we needed a beer to end the night so we went into the family mart and picked up a Corona. I know it’s not very American but we decided it was close enough! The night was fun and I was glad I had a fellow American with me to celebrate.


Jessica and I walking the streets of Hongcheon

Down by the river where we set off the fireworks!

I love playing with fire

Attempting to skip rocks in the river

Elizabeth and I with our sparklers! 

Lighting off the big guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment