Friday, July 15, 2011

Dongdaemun

Last weekend I met up with Hadley and Elizabeth in Seoul on Saturday. We ended up going to Dongdaemun to check out the area. It was a cool to walk around there and explore. The area had a bunch of different markets, which were very different from other places I’ve been to in Seoul. Dongdaemun has different places to buy fabrics and materials. We roamed around Dongdaemun for most of the day then headed to Konkuk University for some dinner and hookah. It was yet another successful weekend in Seoul. I headed back early Sunday morning for a soccer game that we ended up winning 1-0. I scored a goal in the first half. Coach said it was an important game because it was in Hongcheon and there were a lot of people from our town watching. This weekend I'm heading back to Seoul and I get to take Dajeong (one of my teammates daughters) with me! She's so excited to come and hang out with Hadley and I. I still can't believe Yoma (her mom) is letting her come with me. She's pretty strict. 



Heunginjimun was the east gate of Seoul originally built in 1398 then rebuilt in 1869. It's now just chillin in the middle of Seoul next to a busy street. 

Side view of the gate


Crazy ride that was right outside a department store, extremely bazaar. It also had no seat belts so people were just falling into the middle...

Hadley and Elizabeth by the man-made little river that runs throughout Seoul.

I'm sure everyone has seen these booths where you can take pictures in it... Koreans are OBSESSED with them. Theirs are a bit more high tech though and include editing and adding things to the picture after you take them. We just had to do it...



Fan death... so Koreans believe that you can die from sleeping with a fan on all night. This is no joke. I actually just read another article about it this week!

Koreans love eating donuts... I would even go as far as saying they love donuts more than cops.


Hads and I making the Korean heart on the rock "bridge". 

1 comment: