Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hoddeok Lesson

This past Monday one of our Korean friends Amy taught Elizabeth and I the fine art of making Hoddeok. Amy used to teach here at Wonderland for a while before I came. She is super nice and knows how to cook very well. For those of you who don’t know, hoddeok is basically a pancake filled with a brown sugar, honey, chopped nuts, and cinnamon mixture. It is delicious. Hoddeok is typically sold on the street during the winter. The hoddeok man in our town was still selling them when I first arrived in Korea at the end of March. Shortly after I discovered him, he left… It was a sad day. Fortunately now I know how to make it so I can have it anytime! 



Amy! 

Amy and I with the Hoddeok utensil... It is used to smash the pancake down after you flip it. 

I'm hoping to get another lesson soon on how to make more delicious korean food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment