Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Class Time!

I don’t know if I’ve talked about Sharon teacher at all but I’ll mention her again. She’s the Korean teacher who has lived in New Zealand for two years so her English is the best among all the Korean teachers here. She also happens to be super sarcastic like me so we get along very well. I’ve hung out with her after school a handful of times and have been to her apartment a couple of times as well. Now that I finally bought a bike I can easily get to her place. She’s always asking me to come over since her husband works long hours and she’s at home by herself taking care of her 6 month old baby.

This is my sweet new foldable bike that Jessica helped my buy online! 

Anyways, Sharon comes into school for the second period of kindergarten classes where she teaches the 6 year olds, I teach the 7 year olds, and Elizabeth teaches the 5 year olds. Today, it was nice outside so Sharon asked me to go to a traditional Korean market with the 7 year old class and her 6 year old class. I LOVE when she asks me to go outside and do things with the class. The kids here in Korea don’t have recess or have any sort of outside playtime so I jump at any opportunity to get them out of the classroom! Today was super fun; the markets we went to were special markets that are only open a select few days during the month. I think I enjoyed going there more than the kids did. While we were walking to and from the market we saw quite a few people that we knew. We saw Jenny’s mom, Joseph’s dad, Julie’s dad, and my corndog friend. I guess that’s what you get for living in a small town… 


Walking down the streets of Hongcheon

Inside the Traditional Korean Market.... trying not to loose any of my kids! Haha

Right outside of the market some lady on the street was selling chicks. The kids were intrigued. There was also a lot of puppies for sale... I didn't ask if they were pets or for other purposes, I choose to believe that they were for pets...

On our walk home we stopped at the GS Supermarket to get ice cream. I watched the kids while Sharon went inside to get ice cream for them. She bought two Starbucks doubleshots for her and I to enjoy! 

We ran into this little boy on the walk home. He had the coolest bubble machine, clearly we had to stop to pop some bubbles! 

My corndog friend! He has the best corndogs... comparable to MN State Fair corndogs which is saying a lot! 



These are some pictures of the little playground that Sharon and I sometimes take our kids to if it's nice outside! They love playing here... It is about a ten minute walk from school. We also sometimes take them to the mountain that is right outside of Wonderland, they love it when we go there as well. I'm so lucky that I teach the 7 years old class and not the 5 years old. The 5 years old class never gets to come with us because they are too small and get tired easily.



The swing set.

The dirt basketball court that I've never seen used.

No comments:

Post a Comment