Monday, May 9, 2011

newspaper translation

I talked to my co-teachers yesterday and had them tell me what the newspaper said. This is what I got:

The whole article leading up to my section is talking about the team; how they've been together for 5 years now and haven't won anything before. The team has been in a depression and are now very happy to have me help them on the team. Then once after my picture it says that I make our team go to the next level. I work at Wonderland and I've been playing soccer since I was 8 years old (I've actually been playing since I was 5). They then quoted me saying that, I want to make good memories with my "sisters".

In Korea, you call your older friends sisters as a sign of respect. I also never spoke to the paper, they just made that quote up. Anyways, that's what I was told the article said!


korean newspaper article

No comments:

Post a Comment