Sunday, May 15, 2011

Last week: Buddha's Birthday and Teacher's Day

These are some pictures of the lake/river in Chuncheon. I went there on a Sunday to go hang out. It was so nice out and felt good to be by the water again! 

 The lovely swan paddle boats...

The trail by the water


Last week here in Korea was Buddha’s Birthday and Teachers Day. For Buddha’s Birthday we got the day off on Tuesday because it was a holiday. I ended up going to Chuncheon, which is the capital city here in Gangwon-do region that I live in. It takes around 25-30 minutes to get there but by bus it takes 40 minutes because they make a stop in two other towns along the way. I went to Chuncheon with one of my Korean co-teachers Jessica teacher. Jessica is very nice and fun to talk to. We went to eat right away at Vips, which is a chain restaurant here in Korea that’s all you can eat! Obviously I loved it… We stayed there for two hours mowing down on food. The place is a spendy so we had to get our money’s worth! They had all different salads, fruit, chicken wings, fries, spaghetti, different soups, vegetables, deserts and ice cream. Next time I go there I plan on spending five hours there! After we ate Jessica showed me around the town and then we ended up at Starbucks for a chai tea latte before we headed home! 


The Buddhist temple all lit up for Buddha's birthday that I can see out my window.

I ran into my friend Bre Whalen while walking around in Chuncheon! Haha (She's wonder woman at six flags in Chicago)

Starbucks! 

On Thursday our field trip to the forrest was cancelled in the morning due to rain. The afternoon it cleared up so Sharon, Elizabeth and I took our classes to our mountain to walk around.

Taking the kids to the mountain in our front yard!

Elizabeth with the little ones. She's the other teacher from the US, she's from LA. 

Teacher’s day was on Sunday so the kids brought gifts in for us on Friday.  I got a few different gifts including some lotion (which has whitening so I will not be using it), a few flower pens, and a t-shirt from my director’s son Joseph!


All of my Teacher's Day presents




No comments:

Post a Comment