Tuesday, May 17, 2011

about time!

Last weekend Kalie and Clayton came to visit me in Hongcheon. Kalie is my best friend from home that I’ve known since we were 5 years old. Clayton is my friend I met in college who went to school at Wheaton College with Micah (Kalie’s brother). Kalie is now teaching in Daegu, which is the third largest city in Korea in the south. Her trip to Hongcheon was a little over 3.5 hours long. Clayton is now teaching in Gimpo, which is west of Seoul. It takes him 20 minutes to get into Seoul. They both got into Hongcheon around 1pm on Saturday afternoon. It was super good to hang out with them. We just bummed around all day exploring town and eating lots of food. Both of them were super impressed with the snack stock I had waiting for them. My mother taught me well; always have snacks! Kalie was telling me how she’s never worried about having an empty stomach when she is with me… Haha. When I took them to see the park that I play soccer at we passed by both of the soccer fields and all the guys playing stopped on both fields and waved at me saying “Hi Julie!” Both of them looked at me and laughed… they loved it. 


Hanging out on a bench overlooking Hongcheon.  

Kalie was wearing her Hopkins Dynamo Cleat Camp shirt... I almost wore the same shirt. Good thing I didn't! Keith you should be proud!

Kalie and Clay were trying to be Korean making a heart... wierdos


This guy is the Dad. He was hiking up the mountain with his daughter... she was very cute. The Dad was trying to talk to us in Korean... Kalie totally bs'd with him. After he left (20 minutes later) Kalie reminded me the only subject she was good at in High School was language! Haha. Somehow she was able to talk to him, it was very impressive. 

In my apartment about to head out to the park 

Badminton! 

The sports park... in the distance there is a basketball court, a tennis court, a soccer tennis court, and two soccer courts (where I practice). 



1 comment:

  1. check out how happy i was to see my bff again! loves it! :)

    ReplyDelete