Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Taipei

I went and took a trip to Taipei. I was there for two days. It was fun but there wasn't too much to see right inside the city. There are lots of day trips that they have that go outside the city about an hour or so. I just stayed in the city though and saw all I could see. I roamed about, went to a few temples (Taiwanese people are very Buddhist) and wondered the streets.


A traditional food market filled with stinky meats and seafood, I didn't last long!
A clothes market
The rainbow bridge


One of many temples around town. There are more temples than there are 7-11's. 
There was a service/people singing while I was there. I guess it happens every hour.
They do loose leaf tea at Starbucks in Taiwan -  pretty interesting!
A night market
Cute grandpa playing a fun game at the market with his grandson.
Their streets aren't as crazy as Korea's but still busy!
One of the coolest things I did there was go to the Taipei 101 - the worlds tallest building in 2004, now the second tallest building. It took 37 seconds to get to the top, it has the fastest elevator in the world. It also has the world's largest and heaviest (660 metric tons) pressure wind damper. Taiwan has a lot of hurricanes and tsunamis so the building has to withstand the winds.

Taipei 101
South
The wind damper




No comments:

Post a Comment