Thursday, April 26, 2012

Melbourne cont...



Here are some pictures from our last days hanging out in the city while we were staying at our hostel... 

A cool little art studio that was having a festival right next to our hostel.



Victoria Markets, a huge open market in Melbourne. 


We had to make it to Costco! (Dad did you guys see the charge on the amex? Thanks for dinner!)

Victoria Harbor




I have been in Melbourne for the last two weeks and have gotten myself into plenty of crazy adventures. Jessica and I have been all over town. We got to stay with our friends Brett and Ahrum for a while in Kensington. We mainly hung out with Ahrum most of the time because Brett was busy working and going to grad school. While we were with her we made some Kimchi and Korean food at her house. 

Preparing for Kimchi making...

It was a long process.... 

Almost done! 

YUM! We didn't get to try it too much though because we left a couple days after we made it :( 

Ahrum, Jessica, and I stayed at a hostel in a suburb of town called Fitzroy. It is a really cool part of town. There are a lot of hipsters roaming around the streets there though. The suburbs of Melbourne are pretty fun because Melbourne is so small so people go to the suburbs to hang out. Some people kinda looked at me a little weird because I’m just hanging out with a couple of Koreans… woops! I still haven’t really left Korea I guess, haha.  


The streets of Fitzroy

Jessica and Ahrum hanging out at our hostel.

The outside space at our hostel in Fitzroy

  On Sunday, Brett picked up Ahrum and I to go for a day trip out of the city. Jessica stayed in the city to meet her sister’s friend and hang out. It was amazing and much needed. I was really happy to get out and see some of the countryside in Australia. Brett is really into trees and nature so he took us to see Alpine and Mountain Ash trees east of the city. You could smell the eucalyptus from the trees. It was so fun! We had such a great day. It took about an hour and a half to get there and was a very scenic drive. We had a picnic in the park, which was my favorite meal thus far in Australia. 


In the Mountain Ash forrest... Sooo pretty! 

The Mountain Ash trees are one of the tallest trees in the world! 

Brett and I with the Alpine Ash trees.


We picnic'd next to the river, yummy fresh sandwiches 

My first spotting of Kangaroos! 

We just left Melbourne and are currently in Bowen Australia (up north on the eastern coast) with some of Jessica's friends. So once again I can't get away from Koreans.... I'm in a house with 6 other korean guys and Jessica, haha! Bowen is a beach town conveniently it is on the coral reef! Can't wait to go!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment