Thursday, February 2, 2012

Speech contest


A couple weeks ago my school director Amy asked me to help them interview for my replacement, I of course said yes. She was so happy that I helped her that the next day she bought me a present. It was a puma sweatshirt/jacket. It’s something I would totally buy. Later, I found out that the owner had recommended it to her for me. He said, “Oh Julie, I know her. I think she’d like this.” Apparently I’ve had some beers with him at the bar before… who knew!? I don’t know who this guy is but I plan on going to Puma soon to see if I recognize him. Small town for ya! 

The puma sweatshirt from my director Amy


            My coworkers at Wonderland are all pretty awesome. We all get along really well. I hang out with them a lot. During the week, Adam and I cook (and by that I mean, I sit on the couch while Adam cooks) dinner for our Korean coteachers a couple times a week. We plan to do it once a week but it doesn’t really work out that way.  Anyways, we used to go to Sharon’s apartment but she’s been really busy lately so we’ve just been cooking food at my apartment. Last meal we had was some sort of Italian pasta dish with chicken that was delicious. Even Sharon and her baby came over to enjoy the food. It was really fun. 

Enjoying some hot chocolate on a chilly winter evening

Sharon's baby loves typing on my comp

His English name will be William!


            Some fun things to mention about Wonderland lately is first of all a field trip to an indoor play place. It was a lot of fun. We went for the whole morning. The kids loved it. The other thing is last week we had a speech contest that the kids have been preparing for. They wanted a foreigner to host it, and by foreigner they made me and not Adam. I don’t know why they love me so much but they have me do all the announcing of things for the kids. It was fun, all the kids did a good job and got presents at the end!


Indoor playplace

Dylan showing me his soccer moves

7 year old Kyle

5 year old Sean

Balls are so fun!

I like to call this the beehive

All of our kindergarteners

I was put in charge of announcing...

Ellen and Jenny

The best speech went to little Julie! 

Alex Lee... Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment