Monday, February 20, 2012

favorites

            I’ve been meaning to post a blog with pictures from my everyday life here in small town Korea, Hongcheon. I am so happy that I got placed in my town; it is very quaint and beautiful with the surrounding mountains in every direction! There is a very homey feel to it. Adam and I always talk about how relieved and relaxed we feel when we get back to Hongcheon from a long trip or just a day in Seoul.




The tiny alley I walk everyday to town from my apartment. It looks super sketchy but it isn't at all, it doesn't even phase me anymore.

I like to call this street "waygook alley" (foreigner alley) I even have Adam calling it that now, it's funny. It is the street that has the only "western" food in Hongcheon. We really don't have any western food here but some of the restaurants slightly resemble it...

Isaacs Toast lady, she's amazing. I never have to tell her what my order is... she knows! I just tell her one or two. Haha! 

The local bakery that is everywhere in Korea! 

I love the atmosphere of this Caffe Bene, they have so many places to sit and the chairs are very comfy. Plus, the owner speaks a bit of English, that's always a plus! 

Daiso... the Korean "dollar store." You can get anything you really want for very cheap. I also know the owner, he's so cute! 

My bank, Kb Star! 

WaBar - one of the bars I go to with friends, I happen to teach the owner's son... having one too many on a school night is never an issue though here in Korea. It's almost encouraged at some schools (not mine).

I love Pizza School. The owners are so nice, it's good pizza, and it's only 5 bucks for a pizza! 

Max, above the "buy the way" (which just actually turned into a "7/11" yesterday... go figure) is where my teammates coworker works and owns. My soccer team used to take me there a lot to eat and drink. They had my bday party there actually! 

The local FamilyMart. The girl that works the night shift is awesome, she loves me and always gives me servicE's (free things)! 

A duck bbq restaurant. I've eaten here a couple of times with my teammates. I guess it's a little pricey but it's pretty good. 

Von's Chicken... This the the chicken and beer place that I have always talked about in the past where I would go after practice with my teammates! The owner loves me. 

Good ole Gimbab Sarang. It's a go-to place to "Korean Fast Food" nothing like American Fast Food. I get bibimbap, kimbap, mondo, all different soups, etc here! It's very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment