Monday, August 22, 2011

Kalie comes to Seoul



            You will all be happy to know that my early birthday package from my parents has arrived! I got a camera, birthday cake mix, and a package of mini pepperoni. Haha. I will soon be getting a stove oven then I can make my cake (since Korean’s don’t believe in ovens I have to make due with what I can get) Thanks Mom and Dad. I put the new camera to use this weekend!
Last weekend Kalie came to Seoul. She got in around 10pm Friday night at Seoul Station where Hadley and I met her. It was so good to see her. I hadn’t seen her since my trip to Daegu, which was a couple months ago. We had a grand old time. Friday night we just went out to have a beer and chat.


Outside of Seoul Station... It's huge! 

KTX lines... these are the fast trains, Kalie's ride to Daegu was an hour and 45 mins about. Regularly it'd take 4 hours or so. 

 Saturday when we woke up we weren’t in any hurry getting out the door. Whenever Kalie and I get together as my mom would say, we become big slugs. haha. We watched a couple episodes of TV and hung out. We eventually made our way over to Konkuk University area for some delicious Dakgalbi. It was so good. I had been to that restaurant once before with Elizabeth and Hadley and loved it! The rest of our day was spent wondering around the area eventually meeting up with Addie. Later that night we headed to Gangnam to go to Rainbow to go enjoy some live music. A few more people met us there including Clayton. It was good to see him again. I don’t get to see him often either. It was Addie’s last weekend in Seoul, which is pretty sad. She leaves on Friday heading back to the states. I’m going to miss hanging out with her for sure.

Walking to lunch in Konkuk University

The dakgalbi restaurant!


Hanging outside some restaurant enjoying some Makkoli (korean rice wine) in a bowl and Korean pancakes


Kalie and Hadley drinking out of our bowl at Rainbow

The stage is right behind them.

This bar is really cool. The seating is so random here...


Kalie, Clay and I meet again! Kalie's smile is so ridiculous in this pic I had to share it! Haha

At Woodstock... A foreigner bar Kalie, Clayton and I played some darts... Kalie let these two koreans be on her team. It was their first time playing for sure... somehow they ended up winning one of the games.

            Sunday morning we hung out watching some more TV while Hadley made us pancakes… Can we get any lazier? I don’t think so. Poor Hadley had to deal with us Sunday morning. We then proceeded to head to Seoul Station where Kalie’s ktx was leaving from and hung out people watched and ate a ton of food American style… pizza hut and coldstone ice cream. It was much needed and very delicious. Before I hopped on my hour bus ride home, I met up with Addie for one last time and Jiho. We hung out for about an hour and chatted while they ate some Korean bbq. The waitress at the restaurant asked Jiho if we were Russian. That is the fourth or fifth time that I’ve been asked if I was Russian. The waitress was from North China so she knows Russians fairly well. I mean I think I look pretty Scandinavian but the Korean’s seem to think otherwise… it’s very bazaar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment