Sunday, August 21, 2011

Dog Café



Two weekends ago was Elizabeth’s last weekend here in Seoul (Not my co-teacher Elizabeth but my friend I met here through Hadley). Hadley and I hung out with her this weekend as much as we could. We met her on Saturday and spent the day hanging out in Hongdae at a dog café…. Yes a dog café. It was really interesting and fun. It is exactly what it sounds like, a café that has a bunch of dogs in it. Apparently there are dogs that live there and you can also bring your own dog. There was grooming going on there too in a backroom. The dogs were really clean in this café unlike most the dogs you’ll see in Korea. Being with the dogs made me really miss Mocha. There was a golden there too that took your bill and brought it to the front, SO CUTE! After the dog café we ventured off to Ewha Women’s University to wonder the streets and have some delicious Korean bbq for dinner. After dinner we met up with some more of our friends at a really cool hookah bar called Rainbow in Gangnam that has live music on Saturday nights. It was really fun. Jinwoo, Addie, her boyfriend Jiho, Hadley, Elizabeth and I all hung out there for a while. Jinwoo took Hadley and I out for Korean pancakes after because we were hungry, haha. He is so nice!

The adorable golden that delivers the bill! 

wiener dog sleeping in the box


Hadley's favorite rat dog... haha

            Sunday Hadley, Addie and I spent most of the day hanging out in Insa-dong; which is a pretty touristy area that has a lot of shops selling traditional Korean things. While we were walking down Insa-dong Street there were riots going through the streets getting crazy and knocking down street food vendors stands. It was nuts. We heard that they were college students protesting against the rising price of tuition. Whenever they came by we played it safe and ran into the nearest store.
            Monday was Independence Day here in Korea so I hung out for a while in Seoul before heading home. Hadley and I met Elizabeth for brunch at a restaurant in Itaewon. I was planning on eating breakfast food because I love breakfast but I saw chicken fingers on the menu and couldn’t pass that up. It has been way too long since I’ve had some of those. They were delicious! I’m pretty sad to see Elizabeth go but am excited for her because her next adventure is going to teach in Thailand. I may go there for my winter vacation to visit her and her fiancé Eric who I’ve met over here as well. 

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank you for this good read!! I absolutely loved every bit of it. I have got you bookmarked to look at new things you post...
    Canaan Pet Resort | Hotel for Dogs | Dog Boarding | Petcart Nest | Petboro | Pet Training | Dog Grooming

    ReplyDelete