Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Forest Field Trip

At our school we go on a forest field trip once a month. Last month our trip was cancelled because it was sprinkling outside… don’t ask me how I feel about that, I think you should know! The month before that we hiked a huge mountain that my co-teacher had a hard time going up and here we were taking 4 year olds… again, what are you thinking Korea. Anyways, this month we went to a little open area where the kids learned about a couple different bugs and then made some, what I like to call, “wall art”. When I first got here my room was bare so when I went places with Hadley like the play and the soccer game, I would take home a poster or banner and put it up on my wall to fill up my room. This project that I did with the kids was no exception. I obviously made one myself and proceeded to put it up on my wall at home. We took a cloth and folded it in half with a flower pedal or leaf in the middle and then smacked it with a hammer to get the impression to stick onto the cloth. It was actually really cool. After they made these impressions we hung them up and they got to play in the open field area. 


The old man forrest instructor! He's great with the kids... they love him!


Sally teacher with the kids and her sunbrella... so Korean!


Lucy pounding away at her art creation

Sharon teacher!

Mine's on the left, Joseph's is on the right

Scott! One of my favorite students...


Lucy and Louie, they're brother and sister!

Maya on the rope swing

Elizabeth Teacher and I



I'm helping Ellen with her pounding.

The kids tried to challenge me to soccer... they were all chasing me around the little field area. I got real tired... I didn't attend practice that night. Haha

I'm playing with the kids on their little ropes course type thing...

Jessica Teacher


Now clearly these pictures weren’t taken yesterday seeing as it’s MONSOON season here in Korea…. Yes that’s right. Monsoon season has arrived. I’m not really sure what that means but I know that it does mean that the rain never stops coming down… this has been going on for about a week and a half now and I’m told will go on for the next month. I think it’s about time I invest in yet another pair of shoes… this time not for soccer or for casual use but strictly for the rain! 

1 comment: