Wednesday, April 13, 2011

volunteering

This weekend I went to Seoul once again. I got to see Hadley and my Korean friend Claire that worked at Disney with me. She is awesome. When I got to Seoul Hadley and I went to a restaurant called butterfinger pancakes. We were both starving and it was so delicious. The servings were huge… it was like eating a tremendous twelve at perkins! Hadley and I both ordered our own meals then we looked over at a table of 7 Koreans and noticed they were splitting 3 meals between all of them. Woops! That meal was the most filling meal I’ve had in a long time. I had to start doing some of my breathing exercises after because I ate too much. Haha. 

After our meal we decided it was a good idea to walk a bit so we went to some markets in town. Koreans love their markets, and so do I! It was really fun just to walk around and look at all the things people were selling. We watched how the Koreans make their special cookie… it consists of honey and flour wrapped around nuts. It’s actually really good. I clearly had to buy some of those. 



I also ended up buying a couple things at the H&M of all places. Hadley wanted to go look at Tom’s shoes and guess who ended up buying yet another pair of shoes… yep that was me. My Toms are so comfy and easy to slip on. They also go to a good cause so I felt a lot better about my purchase. We found soft serve on the street where we were too! So delicious! 

Hadley couldn't wait to put on her Tom's!


After the shopping we headed over to see a play, the vagina monologues. Hadley, her friend Elizabeth, Claire, and I went to see it. Half of the play was in Korean and half in English. It was interesting but really good. I enjoyed it. We had Korean BBQ for dinner after. It was my first time and I loved it. It’s one of my favorite meals here now. You get lettuce and rice and some other side dishes with meat cooking in the center. Then you just enjoy the meal family style and make little lettuce wraps; well at least that’s what I did… 


The next day we went to the three o’clock showing of the vagina monologues where Claire, Hadley and I volunteered in order to go free the night before. It was fun just to hang out together and be at the play. The volunteer coordinator made the mistake of telling me to help myself to the snack table, I ended up going back there at least 5 times, Woops! There was a cute little girl hanging out with us at the play in this picture below. 





1 comment:

  1. cool pictures! Seriously so bummed I didn't get to go to volunteer that day! Like your blog:)

    ReplyDelete