Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas in the outback

Well I have to say it was a very weird christmas in 100 degree heat and not snow but it was a good one. The hotel has been very busy leading up to christmas but now it's been pretty slow at night at the pub. I spent my Christmas Day with bob and Deli's family and Carlotta. We had lunch in the dining room downstairs and opened presents. I gave the boys Kobe and Ashton (bobs grand kids) a soccer shirt, some American coins, a medal and a koosh each. They were excited. It was a really good meal and after we ate it started storming and raining. I went outside and played in the rain with the boys. It was lots of fun. Later that afternoon bob came around the hotel and picked Carlotta and I up to go to his house and have a few beers with him!

On Boxing Day (day after christmas) it was Kathleen's birthday. She's a German backpacker that got stuck here in cunnamulla because she got pregnant... Haha. She's awesome and loves it here so it was a good thing. Anyways, she came and picked Carlotta and I up to go over to her house and hang out with her on her bday. We sat around, drank some beers, went "swimming" in her baby pool, watched a movie while she made us dinner... Etc. She seemed to enjoy the day, I don't know if I would like having my friends over drinking all my beer then having to make dinner for them but it was good. She works with us at the hotel but is slowing down a bit because she's due in 7 weeks!

Today is Carlotta's birthday and we plan on just hanging out, being big bums and watching movies. We both have today off so it'll be nice to sit back and relax.











No comments:

Post a Comment