Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Bonjour Julie

These past couple of weeks have been very busy for me. I've been working a lot and I'm also house sitting right now for a friend. I'm watching my friend geoffs house and having to let his dogs out, make sure the cats alive and water the lawn when I can. My friend Carlotta, the German backpacker who works with me has been staying over at his house with me. We've been having fun there!

There was a group of French bikers who came through two weeks ago and fully booked the place. They were only here for one night but some of them didn't speak English well at all so they spoke some French to me and to my surprise I was able to communicate with them pretty well. In the morning they were all saying "bonjour Julie", haha it was funny. I guess all those French classes were useful after all.

I feel like I've been living here forever now, I'm getting to know the locals pretty well. It's a nice little town but very different from a small town at home. Over half the population here are aboriginal and they can get stir up a lot of trouble. Whenever anyone starts to seem crazy at the bar I always go get Bob and tell him to keep an eye on them or kick them out. Nothing too bad has happened though, just a few small fights.

There are now a group of grape pickers staying at our hotel and they're so annoying. I was so happy to go stay at Geoff's house so that I could get away from them. Lets just say they give Carlotta and I a lot to clean in the morning and are very noisy. They'll be here for another 2 weeks or so. Depends on the grapes! Anyways, that's all the updates I have for now!













No comments:

Post a Comment