Tuesday, January 3, 2012

wonderland christmas

At Wonderland we celebrated Christmas on Friday before break (which was all of last week). It was a really fun and was a busy week before break for me at school. I made a Christmas tree with both my 6 year old and 7 year old classes. It took up an entire 80-minute class for each of them, which was spectacular! Haha. Thursday we had picture day for the kids, the 7 year olds are graduating this year so it was big deal, it took up almost all morning to take their pictures. I didn’t mind not teaching that day at all either! Then on Friday, we had activities planned for the kids to do in the morning, I was with Sharon and we made Christmas wreaths with each class. The other activities were making pizza of all things, and making a card for their parents. 


My 6 year olds around the tree they made. They're all wearing their wonderland uniform because I took this on picture day.

My 7 year old Ellen with her outfit for picture day.... Haha!

Sharon and I with the 6 year olds after they made their christmas wreaths! 

On Friday, I also received a gift from my favorite student Dylan. His mom gave me a box of yankee candles, which are very expensive here. They are so nice; I love them. She also wrote the sweetest card to me. She’s one of the parents who can actually speak a decent amount of English so the card was well written and I understood everything she was saying. When I read it I almost cried because it was so nice. I am really going to miss Dylan a lot. He’s a kid that makes me laugh constantly in class. Anyways, the festivities before Christmas were very enjoyable and a great way to end the year! Last week I spent my vacation in Bangkok, Thailand and Hong Kong. I had a blast. I will work on writing those blogs as soon as I can! 


My yankee candles and card. The box on the right is from a 5 year old student Ellin, it's filled with cookies! 

This is Ida one of my Elementary class students. I made christmas cards with their class and she stole my headband!

I received a package on Thursday from my friend Bridget. It was super unexpected, I was so happy when I got it. She is such an awesome friend! Speaking of mail I also just received a Christmas letter from the Sellmans. If you’re reading this, thanks Dave and Jan! I loved getting your mail even if it was after Christmas! 

 My package Christmas package from Bridget!

1 comment:

  1. oh my god, your kids are freakin ADORABLE! what a fun Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete