Monday, December 19, 2011

woomin's bday party!


The soccer team gave me an award of appreciation on Thursday. I was supposed to receive it at our banquet last Saturday that I was unable to attend due to Kalie/Julie xmas. So, they presented it to me during a team meeting on Thursday. It was super nice of them and unexpected. The plaque is in Korean but it also has the English translated as well. Apparently they got a Korean who has lived in an English speaking country for 6 years to translate the message. The translation reads:

As a foreigner, you participated in many completion with Hongcheongun Women Football Team in Korea and greatly congributed to the excellent results, Especially a lot of effort has gone into the growth of Honcheongun Women Footdall Team. In deep appreciation of your excellent work, we present this token of our appreciation and wish good luck to you.




Saturday was Woomin’s first birthday party (Sharon’s son). There was a huge buffet of a variety of fantastic food to select from, a video, and a few activities that they did. One of the activities was to having the select an item to determine their future with things such as a mallet for a lawyer, a stethoscope for a doctor, a pencil for a teacher… you get the point. Anyways, Woomin picked up the microphone; he’s going to be a little kpop artist! I wouldn’t expect any less from Sharon’s kid. We also got numbers before we sat down and Woomin drew out my number so I got to go up on stage in front of all the Koreans and get a prize (ceramic mugs). 


Woomin with his microphone!

After Sharon’s party, Chris (the teacher I replaced at Wonderland) Adam and I went into Seoul to hang out. We ended up going screen golfing and hung out all night in Gangnam. It was a fun night. Korean’s love screen golf here and this was the first time I have been…. Pretty dumb on my part, that’s for sure. Sunday I went into Myeongdong to do some shopping. I heard it was christmasfied as well so that was also a draw for me to go there. People were correct. It was very festive and I enjoyed it!


Chris golfing

Myeongdong at Christmastime...

No comments:

Post a Comment