Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wednesday night Adam, Jessica, and I made lasagna for everyone at my apartment. It ended up taking a total of 4.5 hours. It didn’t seem like that long at all but we finally finished around 1am or so. It was a late night for us but super fun. Jessica was so happy to bake and hang out with us. She told me the next morning that “last night was so fun, it was like a sitcom.” Haha.  Thursday (Thanksgiving) we actually ate the lasagna with Sally and Sharon after work. It was so good but I definitely still missed my mom’s mashed potatoes and turkey that I know was cooking at home in Minnesota. 

The lasagna made from my stove oven. We have to work with what we got here in Korea...

Jessica with her korean squat dicing the garlic.

Adam really knows what he's doing in the kitchen... his cooking skills are amazing, I'm not too sad about that!

Saturday all of us foreigners in town celebrated Thanksgiving. We had dinner at Seamus and Natalie’s place, which is funny because they’re both Canadians. Actually, of the people attending which was around 20, I think maybe 6 or 7 of us were American’s. Anyways, it was really nice to be able to enjoy a nice home cooked Thanksgiving meal. Adam and I didn’t contribute to any of the cooking, however, we did bring beer to the festival to make up for our lack of participation. 


Our Thanksgiving feast consisting of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (which mom i'm obsessed with now!), carrots, cranberries, turkey breast/chicken, stuffing, gravy, salad, and pumpkin pie. 

Pregnant Julia enjoying helping number 2 or 3... She's so cute! I tell her to blame her eating habits on "Stella" - their daughter to be's name. 

Sunday was a good day. I got up early and went to Seoul for the day. I met up with Jinwoo and hung out with him all morning. We went to coffee, ate some lunch then had some fun at the batting cage. Korean’s love arcades and games so they have a lot of little stores around that you can play. It was my first time going, pretty entertaining! I later met up with Jiho and we went to church. It was a cool sermon on Sunday because Trace Bundy was there to perform some songs for us! He had a concert on Saturday night that I wanted to go to but wasn't able to. It was cool to hear him play. His wife and son Sawyer were there as well. Sawyer just turned 1 years old on Thanksgiving and the church gave them all Hanbok's (the traditional korean attire). After the evening church service Jiho and I took a bus to Konkuk University (which is his school and it’s near my subway stop). We had some dinner there and walked around a bit. The weather was so nice on Sunday, sweatshirt weather, it was great to be outside! 

There was a Korean couple taking pictures of themselves at Cafe Bene so Jinwoo and I were making fun of them by taking pictures too. It was pretty bad, but very funny. 

Playing at the batting cages.

I got a boxing mitt keychain for a prize... 

I couldn't help but take a picture of this... I love christmas decorations! Seoul is so jolly, Hongcheon on the other hand is lacking... it's pretty depressing. 

It felt like such a nice fall day on Sunday and there were still some leaves around! 

There are some trees here that have huge leafs! 

I sat here for a while before church and enjoyed being outside in the nice weather. 

Trace Bundy

On a side note, last Wednesday was Sharon’s birthday. Wednesday also happens to be Tae Kwon Do class at Wonderland. During Tae Kwon Do I was sitting in the office minding my own business when Sharon comes in and makes me follow her. She dragged me into the room with the kids and had me put on the gloves and fight with the instructor. Meanwhile Sharon just sat and laughed and took pictures. It was fine; we just punched each other for a bit. I told her if it wasn’t her birthday I wouldn’t be doing this right now. It entertained the kids quite a bit. I'll share some of the pictures with you for your entertainment as well...

Sharon why are you making me do this face/smile

The instructor is so nice. He always says hi to me.

Connor is sooo cute! 

Two of the 5 year olds fighting each other, Stella and Ellin.

No comments:

Post a Comment