Saturday, October 8, 2011

island field trip!


I’ve been super busy the last couple of weeks. Hadley left, I went camping during the long weekend and things at work have been pretty crazy. One more thing that has kept me occupied is a gym. I’ve joined a gym here… not just any gym, a boxing gym! That’s right you heard it correctly. A couple other foreigners in town (guys clearly) go to this gym and kept telling me how awesome it was so I decided to give it a shot. I’ve gone a few times now and it’s fun so far… I’m super out of shape I found out pretty quickly, haha. The guy that owns the place/instructor speaks a little English and is very nice. It will be good for me to have something to do in the winter for sure.
On another note, Friday we went on a field trip with the kindergarten kids at wonderland. It was so much fun. We went to Chuncheon to an island on a lake there. Once again, so good to be out by the water! The weather was perfect. It was sunny and in the 70s. It was great sweatshirt weather. On the island we had a picnic and played in the fields all day. I brought my soccer ball so we could play soccer and we had badminton rackets as well. Amy, my director, rented an ATV so we could take the kids out for a ride on it. It was a very fun Friday!




little (5 year old) louie playing soccer

Kyle (7 year old) one of my favorites! 

Joseph and Julie waiting for their turn to ride the ATV

My director Amy (white shirt) trying to play badminton with the kids

Amy and her son Joseph

Maya saw some dogs and made me go over to pet them with her. 

1 comment: